Talk announcement: Friday, Dec 13, 2019, 14:15 c.t.: Torsten Schaub “Dynamic Answer Set Programming”

Dear all,

the Institute of Logic and Computation cordially invites you to the following talk:

Speaker: Prof. Dr. Torsten Schaub

University of Potsdam

https://www.cs.uni-potsdam.de/wv/people/torsten/

DATE:   Friday, December 13, 2019

TIME:   14:15 c.t.

VENUE:
Seminarraum FAV 01 C, Favoritenstraße 9-11, 1040 Wien, RoomNo.: HE 01 08

TITLE:
Dynamic Answer Set Programming
ABSTRACT:

Our ultimate goal is to conceive an extension of Answer Set Programming with language constructs from dynamic and temporal logic to provide an expressive computational framework for modeling dynamic applications.
To address this in a semantically well founded way, we generalize the definition of Dynamic Equilibrium Logic to accommodate finite linear time and extend it with a converse operator in order to capture past temporal operators.  This results in a general logical framework integrating existing dynamic and temporal logics of Here-and-There over both finite and infinite time.  In the context of finite time, we then develop a translation of dynamic formulas into propositional ones that can in turn be translated into logic programs.

With kind support of the Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms (VCLA) and the Wolfgang Pauli Institut (WPI).

--
TU Wien
Institut für Logic & Computation

DVR 0005886