Einladung zum Vortrag Dines Bjorner

Einladung zum Vortrag

Prof. Dr. Dines Bjørner

Technische Universität Dänemark

UML"-ising Formal Techniques

Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2004, 17h s.t.

Hörsaal EI8, 1040 Wien, Gußhausstraße 25-29, Stiege 1, Erdgeschoss

Abstract:

In this talk we present a number of correlated specifications of example railway system problems. They use a variety of partially or fully integrated formal specification. The talk thus represents a mere repository of what we consider interesting case studies.

The existence of the Unified Modeling Language has caused, for one reason or another, the research community to try formalise one or another facet of UML. In this paper we report on another way to achieve what UML attempts to achieve: Broadness of application, convenience of notation, and multiplicity of views. Whether these different UML views are unified, integrated, correlated or merely co--located is for others to dispute. We also seek to support multiple views, but are also in no doubt that there must be sound, well defined relations between such views.

We thus report on ways and means of integrating formal techniques such as RAISE (RSL), Petri Nets Message and Live Sequence Charts, Statecharts RAISE with Timing (TRSL) and TRSL with Duration Calculus.

In this way one achieves a firm foundation for combined uses of these formal development techniques, one that can be believably deployed for as wide a spectrum, or even a wider spectrum of software (and hardware) development, as, respectively than UML.